It's been a long time since my last post (I feel like I write these comments often...) and I've just started to come back to my book at full force. I have been doing some stuff over the past few months, not a lot of productivity through. I've done a great deal of outlining for the second book and it looks to be shaping up great. I feel a lot of excitement toward the ideas I have got planned for it and hope that I can get them down on paper as well as they appear in my head.
My editor has finished reading my first draft and has left me great constructive comments and corrections that I have just recently started to implement. I do feel like the feedback I've received is going to help make my book stronger. It puts my mind at ease to know that I can have people read my book and for the most part come away with a coherent recollection of what it was about. Yay!
Also over the last couple of days I have been fiddling with the title of my book series, as well as a logo to go on the cover. I've spent a lot of time and consideration working on both: thinking up a name and a look for the logo and I'm about 90% sure that I will go with what I have; however I'm not at a high enough confidence at the moment to share the logo with all of you, but soon. Very soon. I just need to let it sink in a bit.
Um...so yeah. I plan to spend much of my free time working on the corrections my editor has made and then comes the fun part of getting to really rip into what I've written and make sure I'm getting the essence of my writing and ideas out on the paper. I'm really looking forward to going head to head with this forty-one chapter monster. (Here's hoping I come out on top)
Until next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment