It's been a very long time since my last update, and I'm feeling a tiny bit ashamed. All is not in vain however. During the last five months I have been working on corrections. Now the progress has been a bit slow due to other more pressing life matters, but I'm working on my book more regularly. I think once I realized I wasn't going to have my book out for the holidays of this year I got a bit depressed, which is a very bad state to be in when correcting.
Anyways, I'm correcting once again and things are going rather well. The whole book has been printed out, and I've been doing corrections by hand with a bright red pen--or blue when I can't find my red pen. It's a little daunting to see so many red marks all over each page, especially after the amount of times I've read each chapter over, but I think it's really pulling everything together nicely.
My main focus has been on punctuation and grammar this time, but there have been a significant number of rewritten passages and quite a few additions that are really helping make the book feel more whole. This read through has been extremely time consuming since I've been having to read through multiple grammar books and such. It's been making me wonder if I just wasn't paying very close attention in school when we did grammar, or if most of it just wasn't taught. I'm guessing it was probably a little of both.
I'm thinking I'll probably be starting up a twitter account soon. I've never used one or really even followed one before, but it seems like a convenient way for people to see updates and status reports for things, so I thought maybe I'd give it a try.
So, I plan on keeping up with this blog better than I have been. If for no other reason then to let people know I haven't thrown in the towel.
Until next post...
Huzzah!
ReplyDelete