Friday, July 3, 2009

My Current Progress

As you know I'm working on the first book of a six book series. I thought that before I get into telling you about my day to day progress it'd be a good idea to tell you how much I've done so far. I wont give an overall percentage because it's hard to gauge how many drafts I'll be making. But there shouldn't be any harm in giving a draft by draft percentage.

OK Here we go!!!

Title - A confusing Mess that will haunt me until I choose one.
Percentage: 50% (I know, sad)

Planning - This is where I think I shine. For the most part planning comes easily to me.
Percentage: 92% (Almost there!)

First Draft Hand Written - I'm not doing to bad in this department. It takes a while and my wrists start to ache after a while, but I know it'll get better when I type it up.
Percentage: 67% (Yay! over half way!)

First Draft Typed - Sadly not terribly far on this step. My computer has been out of commission for a while now and I have not gotten it back form the shop, but I expect to have have it by next week sometime.
Percentage: 32% (Not great, but almost a third! That's good! Right?)

Second Draft Typed - I do my second draft after my editor has had a chance to read the first draft over and help me with the usual editor type stuff. Like "this makes no sense" or "you're missing this". Very helpful stuff.
Percentage: 15% (I know, it's low, but it's started)

So that's about all for now. It looks a lot more complete when I see it set up like this. Hurray. Well now that I've done this I can simply post regular updates now. Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment