Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Out of Ink...Hurray!

Just finished another chapter today and I'm feeling great about it. Whatever I happened to have been missing with the last few chapters, I seem to have recaptured. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is the best work I've done so far or that it's amazing even. It can still use a bit of polishing, but I think once I get to the point where I type it up I wont have to fuss over it too much. Also as reference to the tittle of the blog post, the pen I've been writing with ran out of ink yesterday. It went completely dry, which I think it pretty cool since I've been using it only for this book. I've never had a whole pen dedicated to one project before, hm...I think I'm a bit insane for thinking so much about a pen.

I know I seem to be making a big deal about one chapter turning out good, but I think I'm more happy about having the urge to write more because of this chapter. It's nice to feel that energy that comes from creating something. I've been missing it for a while.

So I will try and start the next chapter tonight, but I think the bulk of it will have to be done in a few days with the way my schedule being as it is. I'm not even entirely sure what's in the next chapter to be honest, so I don't know how heavy the work load is going to be for me. I'll have to go read my planning and find out.

Instead of story stuff this post I figured I'd give an updated progress report. If the numbers seem a little lower than previous updates it's probably because I'm now taking into account the chapter I missed the first time around.

Progress:

Title: ?% - Haven't made up my mind yet.

Planning: 100% - No need to worry about this step at all (at least not for this book)

First Draft Handwritten: 80% - Not too shabby.

First Draft Typed: 66% - And they're all backed up too. No more lost chapters for me.

Second Draft Typed: ?% - I've changed this because although I've done some I know I'll just start from chapter 1 again when I'm done with the first draft so I don't want to get hopes up, namely my own.

Alright, so that's the new updated progress report. It's sort of comforting to see such high numbers. Well I'll finish of this post and go back to writing. I'll post again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment