Friday, April 23, 2010

It's Been A While Hasn't It?

Wow! Seems Like March got by me...and most of April...Oh well. It was a fairly constructive month to say the least. I've been plugging away at the hand written draft and finished about four or five chapters since my last post, which was a bit of a struggle to do. Aside from the time restrictions of my job and other stuff the chapters seem to be giving me trouble. I have them well planned out, but what I've been writing feels a bit flat. I don't think it's so much that the material isn't up to standard, but that the way I'm presenting it is not the most effective way of doing so. I know at this stage it doesn't matter much though. I'm putting all my energy into finishing the chapters and telling myself that I can always improve upon them when I type them up. The most important part for now is to get down a rough, rough draft so I have something to work off of.

I've also been thinking up some names for the series and I thought up one that I like a lot, but am not sure if I should use it. I'd post it, but I'm just not sure of how much I like it. If I make a more definite decision I'll be sure to make a special post for it.

I feel as though I'm running out of things to reveal about my story without giving too many surprises away so I figured I'd start adding in sections from time to time about basic ideas and muses I've had while working my way though the writing process. Just to liven things up a bit.

Mythos:
------------------------------
For this series I've decided to draw from many myths around the world to enhance certain aspects of my story. These aspects range from using a mythological beast for the basis of a creature in my story to using a specific story to help set the atmosphere for a certain chapter. I like to look at this as a way to draw from material that history's story tellers has left for us and expand of it while still creating something new and unique. I hope those that notice the similarities and references will get a little more out of the book this way.

------------------------------
Well, I guess that is all I have to post today. I will try and be much more frequent about posting in the future. Until next time, see ya.

1 comment: