Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 2 Chapters 2 & 3 Book 1

Sorry for the gap in posts, things have been kind of busy lately and I've been finding it hard to find time to work on the book, but I have done two more chapters. I think these chapters have come a long way, especially since their initial type up. They're much more fleshed out now and a lot of the wording has been tweaked to make them sound smoother. I added about a page to chapter 3 and I think it has helped flesh out the chapter better. I added some character development and a lot more description to things that felt awkward or flat. I've also read over bits and pieces of all 3 chapters since I've printed them out and I've been finding it easier to spot and fix things with the hard copy.

I feel like things have gotten very difficult with this book lately. I'm constantly doubting myself as I read it and then I find me praising myself when I figure out a great way to combine two sentences or find a terrific way to reword something. Then I usually start fretting that I've over looked things and the book will feel very uneven. So working on these corrections takes me on an emotional roller coaster that makes me hesitant to come back it. I'm also starting to feel pressed for time with the deadline I've set for myself. November is coming up awfully quick and it feels like there's still so much left to do.

Even though I'm being a bit beaten about by this whole process, my mind is still set on pushing through and finishing the book. I've done too much work on it to just stop and it still means so much to me to finish. This is where my career in writing will begin and I'm not going to let these emotional speed bumps slow me down.

Okay! Now that I've charged myself up I'm off to go use this energy to work on chapter 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment