Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 6 Chapter 8 Book 1

Well, found quite a bit of time before Thursday to get some work done on chapter 8. I just finished correcting and it was fairly easy going. There were things that needed to be changed obviously, but there wasn't much of anything too major to worry about. I think it's a pretty solid chapter, especially after this last look over. I do still recall the very early stages of writing this chapter and my first time correcting it a couple years ago. There were some big flaws in it that I think I've remedied very well over time.

When I had first written this chapter there were these four characters, soldiers, that were in it, but were nameless, uncharacteristic props basically. After reading it over a couple times I felt like there was something that just wasn't working with the chapter and I couldn't figure out what it was. Then I decided that I could get more out of the plot line if I changed the unnamed soldiers into four characters, each with a bit of their own motives and attitudes and it really seemed to change this chapter and the few that follow it dramatically. I guess it was just one of those choices I'm very glad I made.

Well, I should still have free time on Thursday so I'll try and get chapter 9 finished, or at least a good deal of it done then. Until next post then.

No comments:

Post a Comment