My laptop has died along with the last 12 chapters that I've written and stupidly didn't back up. I have no idea what to do with my story right now. I don't want to quit writing it, but I don't know if I have it in me to rewrite it at the moment. I think I'm going to have to take a step back from my story and remove my mind from it for a while. Just some time to clear the stress and the annoyance I feel at myself so that I can start refreshed again and just redo what I've written. Luckily I have my hand written draft so I haven't lost the chapters completely, just the changes I've made on them. It's sad, yes, but not the end of the world as I felt it way yesterday.
Well, I guess there's not much else to say at this point, except I will be back in a little while with hopefully a new more inspiring post, but I don't know right now. Laptops are just too expensive and a hassle.
I have my Birthday to look forward to on Wednesday so I'll try to enjoy it and not think to much about this mess. Sorry to bring about this delay. Maybe I can work on some conceptual stuff for other stories I have planned in the mean time. I'll type to you later.
Oh sadness! Don't let it get you down; think of it as a way to let your subconscious mull over all those things you already wrote down, and when you write it again it'll be even more synthesized and flow better and it'll be like you're telling a story you already know really, really well! I bet you can re-create more than you think you can, too...
ReplyDeleteI agree with Ari. Keep on it dude! You've inspired me to keep at the one that Anna and I started. you're even in it.
ReplyDeleteMuah.
Geneva