Today I finished typing up the last chapter I had written by hand bringing me to an empty page in my notebook. I must say that that empty page was the best thing I've seen in a while. I actually feel like I'm making progress again. The chapter I wrote was pretty good. It needs a bit of work, but overall I think it turned out okay. It's nice writing a chapter that I don't have to compare to an earlier version.
Starting tomorrow I'll probably start critiquing the fourteen I just typed. I'm sort of looking forward to it since it'll be something different. I'm also excited about improving the chapters so that I can hopefully get that nagging feeling out of the back of my head. The one that says "these chapters aren't as good as the first ones". So hopefully they'll all turn out okay.
So I'm done for the night and I'll get to work on those chapters tomorrow.
Progress:
First Draft Typed: 68%
Awesome! That's so exciting!
ReplyDelete