My chapter critiques gave to me, the importance of reading out loud.
Two more critiques down and as with the previous chapter I've noticed that after going over the chapters two times each I catch quite a bit more. I think a lot of what was caught the second time around was due to the fact that I read the chapters aloud. I think it allows me to catch more errors because I'm listening to what is there so my mind doesn't subconsciously fix the errors as I read.
Today was kind of cold, which is normally okay with me. I'll usually make a hot beverage and curl up in soft blanket and just write, but for some reason today I was still...cold. I'm thinking I should get slippers seeing as how my feet seem to be the coldest part of me right now. I probably would have been okay if it had rained today like the weather report had said it would. There's something calming about the rain that allows me to concentrate better. I don't so much get the same effect from cold toes.
Well I'm off to continue critiquing my chapters. I just thought I'd update now having finished two. If I get another done I'll post that later.
No comments:
Post a Comment