Saturday, December 12, 2009

On the Fourth Day of Christmas...

My chapter critiques gave to me, the realization that the first draft doesn't have to be perfect.

With the next critique done I fell good that I only have ten more to do, but a bit aggravated by the fact that I still feel this chapter needs some work. I know that I can't expect them to come out perfect, but the thought of having to come back later to fix them is a bit daunting. Although, there's plenty of parts that are really good and I'm sure after some time passes and my editor has looked over them they'll turn out just fine. I guess that's what makes a first draft great. It's pretty much the first step, after planning, so the only thing that you really need to accomplish with it is to get your ideas down in a rough form, hence the term rough draft. I'm sure there will be plenty more drafts to help it along.

Anyways, it's still early today and I think I'll start on the next chapter. I'm hoping to get them done within the next week, but we'll see how that pans out.

No comments:

Post a Comment