Monday, December 21, 2009

On the Thirteenth and Fourteenth Day of Christmas

My chapter critiques gave to me, the ability to move onward.

All the edits have been completed and for the most part I'm pretty happy with them. There are a few that still need a bit of work to get them the way I want, but the majority of the chapters are pretty good. These last two chapters I finished are in a way a reflection of the whole process. The first was okay and I edited it and still felt like what I wanted to achieve with it came up a bit short. And the second was pretty good to start with, but after going over it I think I did a fantastic job of bringing out what I needed to.

My editor will be back in town soon and I got some computer paper yesterday so I suppose I'll spend the rest of the day printing out the chapters so that I can hand them over to her. Yay!

Mizrat:

------------------------------
A mizrat is a type of rat that is fluffy and comes in various shades of grey. They tend to live in forests and large cities where there is plenty for them to eat. Although they may seem cute they can be very vicious creatures and when scared they can release a dander that shouldn't be inhaled because it can cause a person to feel gloomy for a couple of days.

------------------------------
I guess my next step is to start hand writing the next few chapters. I think the next three or four need to be done and then I may type them up. After that I'll be in "first handwritten draft" mode for a while until I finish the last third of my book. I don't know when I'm going to start this though since the holidays are almost here, but I wont put it off for too long.

1 comment: